Popular Posts

28 March 2005
South Korean Flag








KLB - Mixed Bag Monday



My feelings about Korea are deteriorating rapidly from Saturday night's binge of sentimentality. With foreigners locked away for fighting Koreans who go uncharged, to locked up sex workers burning to death, to thick, stagnant pollution filling the skies lately, it's quite depressing.

Police did not rule out the possibility that the deaths took place because they were locked inside.

Luckily I had a great day at school. Cathy didn't bother me once. She sat in the back day all doing her paper work and preparing materials. A dream come true. I should have flipped my lid ages ago.

The kids were fantastic, as usual. Class A is rapidly improving. They know all the classroom language and are masters of the letters A-I. That is, they know the letters and, more importantly, the sounds. For example if I say, "Internet," they can recognize the first letter is I. They can also write in lower and uppercase form - though some need more help with that. My other classes are also moving along. Class B and C can read pretty much any 3 or 4 letter words. Class D is learning all the verbs in the past tense. Today I reviewed 25 verbs and focused on five they will have to try and incorporate in their diaries for homework.

It looks like the pollution is dispersing a bit. I've had to clear my throat frequently the last few days and it feels dry and scratchy. I thought I was getting sick, but if it's a cold it hasn't progressed out of my throat at all yet.

Time to down my protein shake and head over to the health club. I was going to go this morning but my triceps and shoulders were killing me. They feel a bit better now. I'm going to stretch awhile and then do my chest again. I know, I know - when am I going to do legs? I hate working out my legs, to be truthful. Especially squats, though I don't mind that machine where you sit down and lift your legs. Maybe I'll do that one. See you soon.

0 comments :

Post a Comment