Popular Posts

27 September 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - On the Roof


Here's a bunch of shots I took up on the roof last night. I've had my Minolta camera for nearly two years now and just finally realized there are night settings on it. I always just thought my camera is a piece of junk that can't take photos at night. I didn't bother to look at the manual (who does?) and I didn't bother to push the setting button with the night icon right there in plain view. Anyway, I still have no idea exactly who to work the settings, but here's what I ended up with:



Julie actually posed for the camera for a change and is only making a meek protest at the moment I type this.



Such an innocent face. Hmm, almost has me fooled too.







Now this is what I came out with on the night setting and with a few brilliant adjustments (pushing random buttons).



After fiddling with the settings even more (more pushing of random buttons and cursing), I took this shot. Not too bad. To think of all the night photos I could have taken over the past years. Oh, well. Better late than never.



I also didn't know I had this trail-effect setting, or maybe I just changed the speed of the shutter...I have no idea but I kind of like the effect.



A artistic shot including the moon above Hyundai Department Store. More on Chuseok (pronounced like Chew-suck) here:


The full harvest moon festival occurs on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month, and is similar to the American Thanksgiving holidays. The day before 14th and 16th of the 8th lunar month are also holidays, giving a total of three days off to allow people time to visit their home towns. As the most important of all Korean holidays, during this period people jam the highways to visit their home towns and family members. Similar to the lunar new year holidays, family members pay respect to their living relatives and visit the graves of their ancestors. Family members exchange gifts and play special games.

Though it won't actually be Chuseok until the moon is full, we got a head start yesterday by feasting on Nachos, Cheese-dip and Salsa, and John made up some Spaghetti for dinner.



John and I hung around up there taking pictures for ages and fiddling with the effects and taking bizarre photos such as this one. He had his camera with him, too. Check out his website. He's made a hundred updates in the past two hours.

0 comments :

Post a Comment