Popular Posts

6 April 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - Schedule Change Again!

Went into the hagwon again today, prepared for my first class (copying worksheets and puzzles), headed off to the classroom. No students. A Korean teacher is sitting there and tells me once again, "Schedule change! First class cancelled!" They always say it as if by some cosmic force I should have already known. I just smiled and shook my head. It's at least the fifth time this has happened in the last month or two. Oh well, I'm certainly not complaining about one less class.

With the extra time I decide to go back home across the street. Just as I'm leaving, the Korean middle school teacher, Ken, takes me aside. Because midterms are coming up in the public schools, he has to teach the kids each Friday for this month. He tells me this apologetically, as if I'm going to feel bad I don't have to teach them for 4 weeks. "I see," I said, shaking my head as if terribly dissapointed. Inside I was cheering. That leaves just 2 classes on Friday. Having only two classes on Monday, I'm getting close to a 4 day weekend!

Well, time to make lunch and do some exercises. Then I will teach from 3:30-6:00, have an hour for dinner, then listen to Windy and Peter from 7 until 8. Phew, tough day, tough week, tough job. If only I could get this kind of situation in Seoul!

[Update] The joy was short lived. I noticed a bunch of new classes pencilled in on my schedule for Monday, but I'm really not sure what's going on. There are so many crossouts and things pencilled in I finally asked the boss's wife to make me a new one. Hopefully she will.

0 comments :

Post a Comment