Popular Posts

8 June 2005
South Korean Flag








KLB - Ganghwa-do (1)


It was a three day weekend, something to do with the Korean constitution - I can never keep track of the many different Korean holidays. John and I woke up at around 3:00 PM on Saturday and decided to head off somewhere - anywhere. Just to get the hell out of Gangnam. In a mad rush we packed our bags and made our way to some island we never heard of. Gangwha-do.



We started on the subway. Here's John looking peculiarly shiny.



At the bus terminal we stopped and had some grub. I got dor sot bibim bap, rice and vegetables in a stone pot, yum!



John got ramyon noodles. This picture cracks me up. Look at the innocent expression on his mug...no, this guy didn't just rob a bank. No way!


*Disclaimer: no we are not gay, in case you were wondering. I'd better point this out to all the homophobic biggots out there, and my worried mother.



Here I am on the bus from Incheon to Ganghwa. I look happy. I'm happy as hell to get out of Gangnam. I hate it there, to be honest. In all my years in Korea it has been the least enjoyable place I've ever lived.


OK, so after a couple of long bus rides we finally got to Ganghwa-do, let off in the middle of nowhere at 10:30 at night. Think about that. We got off the bus in the middle of nowhere in Korea in the middle of a pitch black night. I mean it was desolate. So desolate and dark that we couldn't even take any pictures. We broke into hysterical laughter. It was the most fun we'd had in awhile.



After walking for about 45 minutes we stumbled onto a fried chicken/beer restaurant. Even in the middle of nowhere you can find these places. I was thrilled! I love fried chicken and beer. I love Korea! Yah!




After looking at a few really rundown "motel" rooms, we jumped into a taxi and made them bring us to the nearest decent place. This is where we landed. And we got the last room. We did "rocks, paper, scissors" for the bed and, as usual, I lost. Not the best sleep I ever got but not too bad either.




They even had a great selection of movies to choose from. I grabbed three!



Ah, after a few hours of wondering around Nowhereville, Korea, it was nice to finally relax. I really got into the movies. I can't deny it - I was into this trip and felt great! Who knows what tomorrow may bring!



John, too. Check him out...he's totally siked and into the movie...




A Bruce Willis film, can't go wrong. And wow, what a treat for my readers - a shot of my sexy leg! In all honesty, I felt good and alive and excited about the movie and the day ahead tomorrow. I love picking up and heading off to nowhere.



Have to throw in this shot I took of John's foot. I think he's been watching too much "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" as I have never seen such a groomed foot in all my life. I'd need a sand blaster to make my feet look anything even close to this.



Sunday morning! This is the scenery outside the hotel window. Ah, rice paddies, the ocean and mountains. Good riddens, Gangnam! We had no idea the night before where we were, so the view was a pleasant surprise. That was the beauty of the trip - figuring out exactly where we were and what we could do. Stay tuned - this is just the first of 4 or 5 updates to come...

0 comments :

Post a Comment