Popular Posts

31 March 2005
South Korean Flag








KLB - The Apple


I brought home one of the CDs I use and ripped a couple of tracks so you can get an idea of what I'm teaching lately. These tracks are from Spot Light 4, which I use in B-class. The students generally like the stories and songs. Imagine a classroom full of cute Korean kids bobbing their heads merrily as they listen, repeat and sing.


The Apple.mp3 (Story)


The Apple.mp3 (Song)


Cathy cried today. The ever-kind vice principal gave her a new job. In addition to her highly detailed monthly plan write-ups (takes about 10 pages for each class), she now has to write up a full-page plan for each class every day. That means 20 pages of new lesson plans per week and, with the monthly plans, an unmanageable total of 120 pages/month. I feel sorry for her and for the tree that's cut down for that waste of paper. Keep in my mind she also has to write separate plans on different forms for the agency and you can see why she was crying and why she's quitting. At least she has a lot more time to work on things in class, now that she no longer roams around the room all day. I keep encouraging her to use the class time to get some work done.

The vice principal is just being an ass about everything. I can't imagine what it's like for a real Korean teacher at the school. Must be hell. Does he really need all that paper work? No, not at all. It's all pointless busy-work. Don't forget I also write up a brief daily plan for every class in English too. Our file folders are huge! Maybe if they get big enough I can use them to clonk him over the head with.

Well, Blogger was down almost all night and it's going on 2 a.m. I'm going to get some sleep...

0 comments :

Post a Comment