Popular Posts

19 July 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - Walmart


Sad to say it because I hate their marketing and employment practices in the states, but Julie and I love the Walmart across the street - especially Julie. She went there yesterday and came back practically hysterical by the deals she got on a few things. "I can't believe how cheap it is!" I thought she was going to hyperventilate.

We love that it's not crowded and open 24 hours a day. We've been going there around 12AM, first stopping off to visit the pets and the extremely friendly cat I'm dying to buy but Julie won't let me, and just wandering all over checking out the mountains of stuff. Then going down to the gigantic grocery store on the bottom floor and picking up some late night munchies.

Yesterday, Julie bought a jar of spaghetti sauce. Here sauce is very expensive, at least 3,500 won ($3) for the generic cheapest. However, the jar she got rang up wrong: only 900 won (75 cents). Last night we went back and bought 5 more jars. We were a little nervous at the register. Julie put one jar down and bit her nails as the clerk rang it up. Again 900 won, not 3,500. I elbowed her and we bit our cheeks to keep from laughing as Julie put the rest of the jars on the check-out conveyor.

0 comments :

Post a Comment