Popular Posts

24 January 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - Frozen Pipes and More Gripes


My three day holiday has been marred by frozen pipes and no water. Julie called the landlord for me, and he wanted nothing to do with it. He claimed no one else complained and it must just be my problem. It turns out everyone had been complaining in this building and the next. After a lot of pressure he came by and checked everyone's apartment and said he'd have it fixed by this morning. It's 7:00 PM and there's still no water. I have to wait until tomorrow morning, Sunday, the last day of my holiday.

I just checked with my neighbor. Turns out they came to fix it today but it's a bigger problem than anyone thought. They have to come back tomorrow and dig underground. Maybe there's a ruptured pipe or it's frozen down deeply. I hope they can have it fixed soon!



The dishes are piling up. The cockroaches are moving back in. It's funny how you take running water for granted. Life without it is sure different. Especially when it's time for number 2 and you have to run off somewhere to find a public toilet - which in this small town are squatters. As for bathing, yesterday we went to a jimjil bag public shower/sauna/hangout place. It was nice, but too many people were there - too many kids running around screaming and yelling. I don't know why families hang out there really. Especially I can't understand why they sleep there. It's too hot and noisy. Anyway, that was two days ago and I'm starting to smell. Time go fill up some more bottles of water at the pizza shop and wash as best I can.

0 comments :

Post a Comment