Popular Posts

20 January 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - Dubu Date


Here's the rest of the shots I took on Saturday. Julie and I had a wonderful dinner at a small traditional style dubu (tofu) restaurant on the outskirts of Nowhere-dong. It was a beautiful, snowy day, perfect for some hot dubu dishes.



And here they are. Yum. I totally forgot the names of these soups. The one Julie is eating smells exactly like stinky feet, but it tastes delicious, similar to dwenjang chigae but thicker, stronger. Both of them tastes absolutely wonderful. Especially on such a cold day and we were both very hungry.




Julie was practically in Heaven. I've never seen her so happy. Hmm, I thought the quickest way to a man's heart was through his stomach, but maybe it's the other way around with her.




A closeup shot of the smelly feet soup. It tastes much better than it smells, but it really does stink.




This is something I don't get. Here is a cozy, quaint, traditional restaurant, and they hang up stupid modern promotional posters - something that is totally tacky and takes away from the atmosphere. Also, outside there is a big ugly vending machine right next to the entrance. (I took a picture of it, but it didn't come out right). Meanwhile, the ajummas look like human soju bottles in their soju promotional aprons.




Here's some of what they call Korean pizza. It's made from some sort of expensive bean, though tastes more like potato to me. Supposedly this is really good for your health, though I'm not so sure why. But they certainly are delicious! They should be at 10,000 won for three.

I hope you enjoyed the meal as much as I did. Stay tuned for some pics from my short trip to the electronics markets in Yongsan.

0 comments :

Post a Comment