Popular Posts

20 December 2003
South Korean Flag



Korea Life Blog - The Cook

One of my adult students gave me a cookbook which she stole from her office. I want to learn how to cook more Korean foods so I was thankful.



Here's a shot. The book is all in Korean, but it's not hard with all the photos to figure out most of the recipes. I guess the book is devoted entirely to chigaes, Korean soups. The book is huge. I didn't know there were that many different kinds of chigae.



This simple dish is one of my favorites. I don't know what to call it in English - I guess just bean sprout soup. I don't think I ever ate bean sprouts before I came to Korea. I don't know why not. They are really delicious and now one of my favorite vegetables.


Julie is coming over later tonight. We're supposed to cook kimchi chigae. Hopefully I'll get some pictures for you, but I think she's still a little shocked about the previous ones I posted. At least I should be able to photograph the food...I hope.

0 comments :

Post a Comment