Popular Posts

2 June 2005
South Korean Flag








KLB - John Cooks Dinner



One of the things I was looking forward to about staying with John is that he can cook. He made some pretty good spaghetti for me and Julie before and a couple of other things. Unfortunately he's been on a serious diet for the past month and living on tuna and spinach. Tuna for breakfast. Tuna and spinach for dinner. Maybe a boiled egg for a snack and some beans at night. It's getting hard to watch him eat. Meanwhile, as per usual, I've been stuffing my face with anything I can get my hands on, especially gigantic sub sandwiches from Subway. The Subway in Gangnam rocks, by the way. The young guy in there loads everything up.

Well, finally we went shopping one night and got some fish, which John cooked up after having a few beers. Check it out:



Here he is telling me something or other about the fish. I wasn't listening.



"Yeah, man. If you put your finger in it like this, it feels all weird and squishy."



I never liked fish in America unless it was breaded and fried but nowadays I love it. John is an expert at preparing seafood as he grew up with a family in the seafood business.



Here it is almost ready. There's the inevitable spinach as well. I think John may have put tuna on his fish too, but I can't remember. Anyway, the fish was pretty damn good, even if it was naturally too salty. I should have brought my rice cooker. I like fish and rice, but John can't eat rice on his diet because he can only eat tuna and spinach.



I guess I'll throw in this pic of myself that John took. Something about the new Pantene conditioner I bought or the high humidity has been affecting my hair. The kids keep giggling that I have a "pama" (perm).

0 comments :

Post a Comment