Popular Posts

30 November 2004
South Korean Flag








KLB - Skin Rash


Today was the first time in about three years that I've eaten at Lotteria, the Korean or Japanese owned (nobody seems to know) franchise. I don't really like fast food much anymore and I never liked this chain, but I arrived to work an hour early and there are no decent places to eat around the school.





I ended up getting a cheese burger set, which wasn't as bad as I remembered but still nothing too great. The place was dead and the fries had been sitting there all day, judging by the taste.

Several hours later, I started feeling a little itchy here and there. I didn't think much of it when I was teaching, but when I got home from work, I discovered a light rash spread over on my body, little itchy dots all over my ankles, legs, stomach, and especially arms and hands:


Not the best shot but you can see the redness around my knuckles, just one of many areas the rash has spread.

I didn't freak out, as I normally might, because I have sensitive skin and sometimes get rashes from the sun in the summer, but with all this "mad cow" talk in newspaper from time to time, there was a brief moment of panic...





I took a shower - a really dumb move that made it worse - then went to the pharmacy and got some cream and the rash seems to be getting better, at least not spreading any further. If it doesn't clear up by tomorrow, I may have to go and get an injection (they give you an injection no matter what ailment you have here).


Other than this excitement, it's been a boring week so far. I've been trying to teach the young kids how to write neatly. As you can see, this is not going very well:





[Update] The annoying hamburger rash seems to have subsided almost completely, thanks to the cream. To celebrate, I bought a few ice cold beers, some Italian bread, olives and miniature tuna sandwiches from the bakery. All this to be enjoyed while watching Fahrenheit 9/11, which I rented from LG25.

Just to say it again, I'm not blaming the rash on Lotteria (after all, who wants to be sued, deported and/or ground into hamburger for making groundless accusations?)...so don't be afraid to try one of their delicious set items on your way to work tomorrow.



0 comments :

Post a Comment