Popular Posts

14 September 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - Groceries!




We got a huge bag of Poki Kimchi, 4kgs of rice, some eggs, some Ziploc containers (Poopy ruined our other ones), some Australian Camembert cheese which came with 10 clices of fondue cheese for free, a bottle of beer and a can of black olives (Walmart was sold-out of regular olives...all the foreigners around here must be buying them up). Tonight we are going to eat the salami John gave us with some cheeses, mustard and the black olives and a little beer. Yum! I can't wait!

I stopped by yesterday and checked on John at the yeogwan. We were able to find an adapter for his notebook computer. I feel kind of bad for him staying in that yeogwan, but it's not that bad and it is a convenient location anyway. The only real downside in that area is the mosquito trucks that go by and spray that chemical smoke in the air like they used to do in the states years and years ago. I've never seen them do it in any other area in Korea except Yeokgok.

I've been meaning to take my camera with me to the school and get some pictures but my camera is kind of big, and with all the teacher's books and materials I've been bringing home, I haven't wanted to lug the camera along just yet. Today I taught the Thanksgiving theme. It went better than I thought. I had the kids compare and contrast Korean Thanksgiving (Chuseok) with American Thanksgiving.

My assistant was pretty helpful again. She made copies of a big Thanksgiving turkey wearing pilgrims' clothes for the kids to color. And get this, the agency also included a Thanksgiving word search puzzle that ended up taking the older kids over half the period to finish. It was printed off the same site I used to get my puzzles from when I lived in Nowhere-dong.

Tomorrow it will be back to using their books: English Time. It's been the first time I've used this series and I really like it. Thursday I will teach the story books again, then Friday is song/game day. We have several children's' music CDs and a while file full of game ideas. I have so many things to do with the kids and have been really enjoying the job. I wish every teaching job could be so good.



I also received my E-2 visa letter last week and will be going to Japan once again in the near future. I may try to go to Osaka this time rather than Fukuoka. I've been to both cities at least 3-4 times each. There are good things about each city. I can't wait to do some more exploration, practice my Japanese and have some more sushi there! I hope the weather is nice.

I'm not exactly sure when I will be heading off. I have to pay for the trip myself, though they are paying me for the time off. My current visa doesn't expire until mid-October, so I may try to stall until then. The confirmation letter is valid for 90 days. Maybe I can hold off and John and I can go over together. He's looking for a job now.

0 comments :

Post a Comment