Popular Posts

8 July 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - #^%!@! @^%^! ARGH!


I just wrote a long post and just near the end the PC bang computer froze up. I'm not about rewrite it all so I'll just summarize:

1. My letter was approved and will appear in tomorrow's Korea Herald, corrections included. I would have died if they printed Kim Il Sung's name in place of Kim Sun Il who was beheaded in Iraq. There was a few other little mistakes they overlooked too but will be corrected in the second edition of the day. Also, they left off my last name in the first edition by mistake. Brilliant!


2. Our office-tel is finished. Apparently they rushed our apartment for us and we will be the first people to move into the building. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, since there are 100 apartments there. Fortunately modern Korean apartments are virtually sound-proof, but I still imagine it'll be noisy when everyone starts moving, though I'm not sure if they rented many already or not. There are so many new office-tels in the area, they may not have. I can't wait to show you pictures of it. Julie's there now. The sky has finally cleared up and she says the view is amazing. Also, they finished the mini-upstairs and put some kind of nice curtains up for us in the HUGE window. Good thing. As it is, we're moving in with nothing and need to buy just about everything except a washer machine (included in the apartment itself - laudry rooms and coin operated washer machines/dryers don't exist here as far as I know) and a rice cooker.


3. I got the job I wrote about nearby the office-tel. Decent pay: 2.3 Millon per month take home (aprox. US $2000) plus full benefits. Not bad at all for working just 4 or 5 hours a day and living across the street. Wait until you see pictures of the area. Everything you could ever need, from Super Shopping Mart centers to accupuncture, is within the radius of half a mile/kilometer. On the other hand, there's absolutely no nature either. Having lived in the country side for the past year, I can get over that though.

Unfortunately the school can't process my visa in time so I have to leave the country, come back and then they will pay for me to leave again to get the visa next month. Also, I won't start working for at least 3 weeks then I have to wait a month after that for pay. Oh well, from then on things will be fine. To save money, this time I'll probably take a ferry from Busan to Fukuoka, Japan for a night. If so, I'll try to get down to Geoje-do first for a swim and to take a load of photos. Not sure exactly yet though.


4. I forgot.

5. Have a nice day, I'm getting out of this PC room! I've been here way too long.


0 comments :

Post a Comment