Popular Posts

23 June 2004
South Korean Flag





Korea Life Blog - Getting Lazy


I went to bed at 5:00AM last night. I was working a bit on my book then watching one of the many Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes I downloaded before the move - what a great show that is. I wonder who thought up the concept and who approved it. For anyone who doesnt know, here's the premise of the show.


In the not-too-distant future-
Next Sunday A.D.-
There was a guy named Joel,
Not too different from you or me.
He worked at Gizmonic Institute,
Just another face in a red jumpsuit.
He did a good job cleaning up the place,
But his bosses didn't like him
So they shot him into space.

We'll send him cheesy movies,
The worst we can find (la-la-la).
He'll have to sit and watch them all,
And we'll monitor his mind (la-la-la).
Now keep in mind Joel can't control
Where the movies begin or end (la-la-la)
Because he used those special parts
To make his robot friends.

Robot Roll Call: (All right, let's go!)
Cambot! (Pan left!)
Gypsy! (Hi, girl!)
Tom Servo! (What a cool guy!)
Croooow! (He's a wisecracker.)

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
and other science facts (la la la),
Then repeat to yourself, "It's just a show,
I should really just relax
For Mystery Science Theater 3000!"



Basically they play an old and really bad science fiction movie and this guy and a couple of robots make fun of it.


Anyway, I woke up at 1:30PM today. Since there's no light in my cave, I had no idea what time it was. When I looked at my watch, I shrugged and fell back to sleep for another half hour. Out of bed, threw a bunch of trash in some shopping bags and set them outside the door for the maid. Next, a shower, some tuna kimbap for lunch and here I am at the PC bang. I'll meet Julie a while later for dinner and a movie or a game of pool. Then back to my cave for some exercise, writing, an Episode of Cheaters and more MST3K. May as well enjoy my free time while I have it, though I'd like to get up in the morning and go out and do something. Won't be long before I'm back to work. I have a meeting tomorrow with the school I mentioned yesterday.

0 comments :

Post a Comment