Popular Posts

25 November 2003
South Korean Flag



Korea Life Blog - Cheon Won Store


Dollar stores are extremely popular back in the states and 100 Yen stores are equally common in Japan. I hadn't seen a 1,000 won store before but figured it would be a good business idea. I finally found one in the Sadang subway station in Seoul last weekend and took a few pics. Everything is actually 2,000 won or less, not bad at all. It would be a good idea to stop here when setting up your new apartment or just to pick up some cheap supplies. Why there aren't more of these, I'm not really sure. The place was packed with eager customers.



Lot's of stuff for the classroom here. The items with Korean writing on the packages would make decent gifts to give out to your friends back home. Imagine the surprised look on their faces as you give them Korean glue sticks.



Another angle. Notice to the left the toy clubs. Some teachers use these to hit students on the head with. It doesn't hurt at all and the club makes a squeaking sound. To the right is a huge collection of batteries from Japan. Not a bad deal, but I'm not sure about the quality. I bought some dollar store batteries back home once and they lasted about 2 hours in my walkman.



They had a good selection of dishes to choose from. I would have liked to have bought some, but I didn't want to carry them around with me all day. I wish there was a 1,000 won store in Nowhere-dong.


0 comments :

Post a Comment