Popular Posts

25 September 2003
South Korean Flag


Korea Life Blog - Park it Here - No Problem! (1)

One of the (many) reasons I'm afraid to drive in this country is because of the serious parking problem. There are entirely too many cars and not enough space to park them. Not only that, but Korean drivers, believe it or not, are not always the most considerate people when it comes to their cars. (How many times have I been using a crosswalk and a car zooms up in front of me to make a turn causing me to have to walk around him so that he can arrive to work 2.1 seconds earlier?) However, to give credit where credit is due, Koreans have developed a kind of parking art, so to speak. They must be the most adept parkers in the world, able to fit their cars into the most unthinkable spots you can imagine. A talent borne out of necessity, for sure, but a true talent nonetheless.


One of my kind readers sent me this picture and it gave me an idea for this new series: Park it Here - No Problem! I just love it when people park on the sidewalk. (Better still is when some maniacs drive down the sidewalk - which I saw tonight but didn't have my camera ready.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment