Popular Posts

26 September 2003
South Korean Flag


Korea Life Blog - Korean Dessert

While I love Korean food and can no longer imagine living without it, I have never really liked Korean sweets. I say "sweets" because Koreans don't usually eat dessert. In fact they consider dessert to be coffee, tea, cola, orange juice, cider, or some other drink. Deok seems to be the most popular of sweets. Others include anything filled with sweet mashed beans and breads with cream in them (I remember one time I bought "rolls" and made hamburgers, only to find out the rolls had whipped cream in them...yuck!) I sometimes miss blueberry pie, brownie sundaes, and real chocolate cake. Mmmm....



A picture of two kinds of sweet deok. My boss's wife sometimes brings these in for the Korean teachers who utterly love it. I smile and eat a few pieces out of politeness, but I don't really like it much. It's kind of chewy and slimy. (Any Korean person reading this is probably gasping in astonishment right now...)

0 comments :

Post a Comment