Popular Posts

25 September 2003
South Korean Flag


Korea Life Blog - Japanese Style Mandu and U-dong



This is one of my favorites. I used to eat it more when I lived in Pusan. I could get the mandu dish for 2,000 Won near PNU compared to 3,500 here. First you mix the sauce and vegetables together. Then you take a little clump and put it on one of the fried mandu pieces, fold it over (kind of hard if your not good with chopsticks) then chomp it down. On the left is U-dong, Japanese style noodles in broth. Both dishes are delicious. There are many tasty and inexpensive dishes to sample at this commonly styled restaurant found throughout Korea. I'm not exactly sure why, but even though they're set up like any normal restaurant, you are required to pay upon ordering your meal at these places. Anybody know why that is? I can understand at fast food restaurants, but here you have a menu on the table and a waitress. The practice feels a little offensive to me, call me sensitive if you'd like.



As an added bonus to this already action packed post, I've included for you a stunning photograph of a highly delicious specimen of kimchi. Note the nicely cut size, the perfect proportion of cabbage and sauce, the slight glistening. Also notice the brilliance with which I hold the kimchi perfectly between the chopsticks while snapping the picture. I must say I have come a long way since the days when I used to hold one chopstick in each hand...

0 comments :

Post a Comment