Popular Posts

19 August 2003
South Korean Flag


Korea Life Blog - Dong Dae Mun

Dong Dae Mun is the biggest traditional style shopping market still in existence in Seoul. I looked around there for a little while on Saturday afternoon. You can find pretty much anything you can imagine and more: from cucumbers to really cheap imitation brand name clothes like Levis. It looks kind of chaotic, but I think it's really nice and unique to see people shopping in this manner, buying goods from little shops owned by average people rather than at some huge chain like Walmart. Similar to farmers/flea markets in style, most of the hundreds of shops are set up outside or within long stretching arcades.


A cluster of really colorful Korean fans. Looking at this pic, I kind of wish I had purchased a few for gifts or to hang on my wall. As of now, the only thing I have on my wall is a small photo of a cow and a Homer Simpson picture I cut of a comic book.



Just one of many streets where you can find all sorts of good. Sometimes you find groups of shops right next to each other selling the same exact things. Other times, things are spread out radomly. It's fun as you never know what's going to be at the next shop. There could be shoes, deokboki, sunglasses, or Elvis Presely dolls - you just never know.



Here's a really cool collection of Banzai trees for sale. I really wanted one but didn't want to carry it around all day and night, not to mention I haven't clue how to trim or take care of one anyway.

0 comments :

Post a Comment